Gallery & History
Peace Cottage Quaker meeting house was built in 1829 and designed by William Alderson. It is a Grade II listed building, one of only a handful in the Hoddesdon area.
William Alderson was a Quaker and also designed meeting houses at Wigton and Stoke Newington. Whilst his Stoke Newington meeting house was demolished some years ago, Peace Cottage in Hoddesdon still stands. Indeed, in 1929 an extra hall was added to the site.